Archive for August, 2011
SIMON FRASER UNIVERSITY CITY PROGRAM
- Upcoming: Foundation in Sustainable Community Development, September 15-17
- New Course, Pop Up Planning Issues – A Legal Perspective, with Bill Buholzer, October 6
- Ottawa Urban Design Courses, September 21-24
- Certificate in Sustainable Community Development – application deadline extended to September 15
- Certificate in Urban Design – applications still being accepted. Apply today
- Surrey Transportation Lecture Program – starts Sept 14, applications still being accepted. Apply today.
Trevor Boddy draws particular attention to this:
Starting in 2011, and to be presented every two years, the NewCity Design Awards will recognize Surrey’s most significant accomplishments in city-building: architecture, landscape, urban design and infrastructure.
The awards will be decided by an independent jury, who will assign at least one “Award of Excellence” and optional “Awards of Merit” in each of the NewCity’s eight categories. Anyone can suggest a worthy project through the easy to use “make a nomination” button below. Actual submission packages will be submitted by the design/development team for each project. Complete details and entry forms are available by clicking the “submit an entry” button below.
- June 29, 2011: Call for nominations/submissions opens
- September 9, 2011: Call for submissions close
October 25, 2011: Awards reception and celebration, hosted by Mayor Dianne Watts
Want to find out more about transportation and the role it plays in the shaping and development of our City, then you may want to register for this specialized lecture program. It offers a forum to discuss important regional and local transportation issues, provides the City the chance to better communicate and explain its role in transportation, the services provided, and the City’s fit within the larger transportation network.
The 10 week course offers a unique opportunity for citizens, professionals, and stakeholders to learn more about transportation.